Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day I really wanted to go hiking and have a picnic but the weather did not cooperate. We laid around all day and watched movies, while Luca got into EVERYTHING! At about 7 the sun decided to come out and we went for a walk. We came across an amazing gelato place where we enjoyed some ice cream. I spent the day with my two boys. But I do have to admit. This was a really rough weekend for me. I was really emotional about not being home. I think because I knew I was missing out on so much. It was my Dad's birthday, Nate and Kai's annual Cinco De Mayo party, and Mother's Day. We talked to both families, mine was going the the golf course for brunch and Jeff's was enjoying bagna caulda. I made it through the weekend with some tears and today am feeling a lot better. I guess it's just part of the experience of moving that far away from your family.

I am so proud to be the Mommy to this little boy!!!



Getting into trouble!




My Mom that I miss so much. I only hope I can be as good of a mom to Luca as she is to me!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! I know how ya feel. It's times like these when you miss family the most. But it does come with the territory and you just have to rely on your family that you do have close by to get you through it! It will bring you closer, I promise. Hang in there. Beautiful pic of you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are living in Spain for the next two years. I have started this blog to keep our family and friends updated on our lives.