Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The day you were born.

I started this blog when I found out we were moving to Spain. I wanted to keep our family and friends in touch with our lives. Now that I've started I only wish I would have started when you were born. I don't have your first three months documented on here and it kind of makes me sad. So I've decided to write your birth story now. You are 9 months but I remember it like yesterday.


July 29th, 2009, I went to the Doctor and was dialated to 4cm, It was one week before your due date and my Doctor asked how I felt about being induced. You were a large baby and being that dilated she said she would do it. I said yes, let's do it right now.
She called over to the hospital and set it up for the next day. I was actually happy about this because I was so worried I would go into labor when Dr. Catlin was not working. I really wanted her to deliver you. This way she would.

I could not sleep that night. I was so excited to meet you. I was wondering if you were a boy or girl. I was also scared to death. Not only about labor, but about your health.

At 5:30am we headed to the hospital. I got checked in and at about 7:00am they started the pitocin. By 8:00 both sets of grandparents , and Uncle Nate, Aunt Kai, and Drew were there. I felt nothing for a couple hours. So at 10:00am Dr. came in a broke my water. This got things going. I started to feel contractions and bad. I was having back labor. At 1:00 I was given an epidural. I was scared about getting one since I hate needles, but actually it was easier that getting my IV. This worked for several hours, but about 3:30 I was feeling the pain again. They gave me an extra does in the epidural and I was feeling good again.

Shortly after Dr. Catlin came in to see how far dilated I was. I was at a ten. Time to push!!! What? Really? I don't think i can do this were my thoughts. They wanted to shut the epidural off so I could push better, but then decided to see how I did with it. Well, I did fine. I pushed great with it and didn't feel a thing, they had to tell me when to push because I couldn't even feel the contractions coming. I was blessed with a fairly easy labor. I started pushing at 4:00 and at 4:53pm July 30th you entered the world at 8lbs 7.5 oz and 20 inches.

I remember it so clearly, Daddy came up to me and said It's a boy! He was so proud and had the biggest smile on his face.And then I saw you. You were the most perfect thing I had ever set eyes on. My heart ached I loved you so much. Your first cries were the best noise I had ever heard. You were healthy as could be and absolutley beautiful. I did not know I could love someone this much until that moment.

You had dark, dark, hair and Daddies features. You looked just like him. Soon Daddy went to get everyone from the waiting room. They all came in to share the joy of our new baby boy.

As scared and nervous as I was about labor, and whether or not you were going to be healthy. It was the best experience of my life.

I love you more than anything Luca Jay Turigliatti!!

Love, Mommy


Heading to the hospital.

In labor!

It's a Boy!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are living in Spain for the next two years. I have started this blog to keep our family and friends updated on our lives.