Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Granada and Cordoba

This past weekend we headed toward the South of Spain. Jeff had a 5 day weekend to celebrate Constitution Day and the Immaculate Conception, they get all kinds of days off here and I am not complaining about that!!

We decided we wanted to drive somewhere and thank god we did because on Friday when everyone was traveling Madrid airport traffic controllers chose to go on strike. A lot of peoples trips were ruined:(

We left Saturday morning and headed to Granada first. Granada is most famous for The Alhambra. It overlooks the city of Granada, is the most famous example of Moorish architecture, and most known Muslim construction ever. We also took the sight seeing tour bus around Granada, visited the cathedral, and ate way too much food! Our hotel here was pretty crappy, it was a four star, I have NO idea how, but we survived 2 nights in the fried chicken smelling box!

Monday morning we got up and head to Cordoba. When we arrived and pulled out our luggage we found the phone from the previous hotel hidden in Luca's stroller!! What can I say, the kid loves phones!

Cordoba is famous for the Mezquita (mosque) which was built in 600 AD. It symbolizes the many religious changes Cordoba has undergone over the centuries. The weather was very rainy during our visit here. However, we did enjoy a peaceful dinner which is very rare for Jeff and I. On our walk to dinner Luca fell asleep and stayed asleep through the rain, stopping for a glass of wine and dinner. This never happens, usually our dinners consist of trying to keep Luca entertained and eating as fast a possible. Which in Spain a meal out never goes fast!! So this was a nice change and I think we even enjoyed a few too many drinks! We cut our trip in Cordoba a bit short because it was pouring!!!

We really enjoyed driving and seeing Spain's country side. Luca behaved very well in the car and throughout the trip. However, upon our arrival home, we came into the house to find our little devil had turned on the stove burner before we left and it had been on for 4 days!!! I am not sure how our house is still standing!!We got lucky there.

St. Nick also made a visit while we were gone!

Enjoy our pictures..

The Drive
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Granada

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Cordoba

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

St. Nick

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Once again, great pics. You are learning soooo much. What an experience!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are living in Spain for the next two years. I have started this blog to keep our family and friends updated on our lives.