Friday, January 6, 2012

Potty Trained!!

I don't want to speak too soon but I believe Luca is potty trained!!! We started Tuesday Morning. I was waiting for all the Holiday craziness to be over, he showed interest so we did it!

Day 1- First thing in the morning we put on big boy undies. We talked about what to do A LOT. We printed a cool train sticker chart and had skittles for treats in the bathroom. Luca just kept saying to me, 'No pee pee on the floor, in the potty." Every once in awhile I would make him sit on the potty and nothing. He did not have any accidents either. He was holding it. I knew he had to go since he was drinking tons. But nothing. At nap time I put a diaper on him and he let it all go. After nap it was back in big boy pants and he held it all the way until bedtime when he had a diaper on again. I was a little unsure, yeah he had No accidents, but holding wasn't good either.

Day 2- First thing he picked out his underwear. We went to get the mail and the cold air must have hit him and he said, "I go pee pee." We ran to the potty and once he realized he got all kinds of cheers, a sticker ,and a skittle it clicked! He was so proud of himself. He went several times in the potty and was accident free all morning! Nap time came and we put on a pull up, he stayed dry throughout nap time too. All afternoon and evening he went on the potty and no accidents he even pooped in the potty. Bedtime, a pull-up and when he woke up the next boring he was completely dry.

Day 3 I was a little shocked at how well this was going. But this day was the test. He had school. School is only for one hour but we hadn't left the house yet. And the drive to Peru is about 25 minutes also. I put a pull up on just because I didn't think he had been doing the training long enough. He stayed dry for the whole car ride and at school. Went in the potty at the Y, stayed dry while we went out to lunch and to the grocery store, came home peed and pooped on the potty the rest of the day. No accidents yet!!!1 Can it be this easy???

We are on day 4, he woke up dry again. He loves picking out his own big boy pants to wear. I don't even have to ask him if he has to go, he tells us. Today we went outside for a walk and to the park with no problems. I can't believe how well it is going and that he has not had ONE accident. I know I am problem cursing myself, and I know there will eventually be one. But I am SO PROUD of my baby! He is so excited because once his sticker chart is full he gets to go pick out a present! Way to go Luca!!!

I am not my any means trying to brag and say how great Luca or I am. I truly believe he was just ready!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are living in Spain for the next two years. I have started this blog to keep our family and friends updated on our lives.