One year ago I was sitting on a plane crying. I was SO nervous and scared. I pretty much thought I was moving to a third world country. I kept telling Jeff I need to pack enough formula and diapers for two years!! We still didn't even have a home here and I had no idea what to expect. Luca was so little, I worried so much about him. Saying good bye to our family and friends was so hard for me. I remember hugging Drew good bye and just losing it.
One year later.....
Boy was I wrong!!!! I feel extremely safe here! I love the town we live in, there is so much more to do here. and yes they had the same formula and diapers I had been using at home!!!! ha!!
I have made so many new friends from around the world. Luca and I are involved in music classes, playgroups and have joined a gym.
If anything, I have become closer to my family. I talk to them everyday. Thank god for vonage and skype!!
We have been able to take some amazing trips, for me this has been by far the best part.
We have also been fortunate enough to go home more than I thought and have visitors, so this definetely keeps me going!
The weather here is amazing...no such thing as humidity or bugs!!!!
Don't get me wrong if I was told I was going home soon, I would be okay with this. I want to add to our family, and am not willing to do that here. I miss our families and friends like crazy!!! Missing out on family functions, babies being born, and kids growing is very tough to miss! But, I am glad we did this. It has been a great adventure and opened my eyes to a lot of what else the world has to offer other than my small Midwest town. It has also made me appreciate the United States much more!!! Everyone back home bitching about high gas prices....we have you beat! It's $7.50 a gallon here!
I am very proud of Jeff, Luca and myself for doing THIS!
ONE YEAR AGO
alt="Photobucket">TODAY

I am glad that you are happy and embraced this time! I am also glad that we got to visit and be a part of your experience.
ReplyDeletewhat an adventure! Im glad you are enjoying your time there and still stay so close to family!
ReplyDelete