Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1 year!

On July 30th our baby turned one! Luca has been the greatest gift I could have ever asked for. He is such a blessing to have in our lives. Watching life through his eyes is the best thing I have experience. But I somehow can not get over the fact that he is one already without being a little sad. I think its because I will never have the 'Firsts" agains. I enjoyed being pregnant, and the whole labor process, getting so excited at every new thing Luca did. I am sure it will be special the second time around but I won't be experiencing for the first time. It will all be something I've done before.
This year went way too fast!!! I need time to slow down!

At twelve months:
Luca took his 1st step on his birthday!
Has 6 teeth
Loves to dance
waves bye-bye and Hola
always has a phone up to his ear saying"ello"
walks well with push toys.
Loves bathtime
Words Luca has said- mama. dada, ut-oh, ello, this, that
Points to what he wants or shakes his head to communicate yes or no
Discovered the toilet-how to open the lid and throw things in it and how to flush.
Throws the occasional tantrum of screaming and making his body stiff.
Smiles all the time
Weighs 24 lbs and is 33 inches!

I am so happy that we were able to go home to celebrate Luca's birthday with our family and friends. I was so worried Luca would be attached to me, since he has pretty much only been with Jeff and I since we arrived in Spain. But I was wrong. He loved all the attention! He went to everyone without a problem. He loved all the interaction with other kids. I think he needed a Mommy break too!

Happy 1st Birthday Luca!
We love you. I am so proud to be your Mommy. You have brought so much love into our lives!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are living in Spain for the next two years. I have started this blog to keep our family and friends updated on our lives.