Friday, July 9, 2010

World Cup

Jeff and I have really never been huge soccer fans. But now that we are living in Europe and it seems to be the only sport to like here, we have started to become fans of "football" (sorry, Papa). And why not jump on the soccer bandwagon now with the World Cup going on and Spain doing AWESOME! The excitement here is kind of like the Super Bowl for us times 10! Even if you are not watching the game, you would know that Spain has won from the fireworks going off, cars beeping their horns, people driving around with those stupid vuvuzelas, and yelling all over town.

We decided to have people over for the game on Wednesday. Spain vs Germany. The winner of this game would be in the World Cup finals against the Netherlands. From the noise in our house, you would know that this was a very important game and that Spain WON!!! We are now going for 1st place on Sunday, I am sure it will be absolutely crazy in Spain. What a great time to be living here.

Here's some pics from our party-PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. looks like a fun party!! never realized how crazy soccer could be. I am sure its just wild in Spain!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are living in Spain for the next two years. I have started this blog to keep our family and friends updated on our lives.