I was a little nervous on how Luca would do on the long drive there, sleeping in his pack n play, and just being in a new atmosphere for that long. He did AWESOME! On the 6 hour car ride there and back he didn't make a fuss. We stopped one time each way to feed him and change his diaper. He slept through the night and even napped better there than usual. Every night we went out around the town and for dinner and he behaved so well. He no longer just lays in his car seat at dinner but is into everything, everything that is not a toy. As long as we gave him something to play with he was happy. He also tried ALL kinds of new things on this trip. Before he had only had milk, and fruits and veggies. He now has tried chewing on orange and lemon slices, ice cream, water from a straw (which he thinks is so cool), and sucking on edamame skins!
We also got to spend some time with the Anglavar's. Jeff's cousin and his family live in Cincinnati so they took us out one night and had us over another. It was great to spend time with them and we a tons of fun. They have 3 kids that Luca got to play with, which also gave me time to socialize!
Besides all the eating and going out we did have a huge scare! One morning while Luca was napping our hotel started on fire and the alarms and lights did NOT go off in our room. It's a long story, to make it short, we were absolutely terrified, the hotel did not handle to situation well at all, I scared Jeff and my Mom to death, we ended up being safe and getting our room comped!
Overall it was a successfully trip and I'm glad Luca and I went. I did forget my camera which I am very upset about, so the only pictures I have are a few from the iphone.
Luca with Emma, Sophie, and Luke.




No comments:
Post a Comment